torsdag 30 september 2010

Wolf song

This afternoon I was quite tiard so I was a bit late to take the cows inside. Our little son, 4 years old, wanted to com with me. It was dark outside so we took a flashligth with us. We took all the cows inside and went back home.

As we walked home and talkabout the stars, singing about the stars, I tougth I heard somthing unknown sound that I could not recognize. I was thinking it was from the railroad or mabye some car far away. We continued to sing about the stars and our son said that the stars looked like glitter, I agreed. The sky was beautiful with all the stars.

Then I heard the sound far, far away again. There was no doubt, it was wolfs I heard howl. It was so far away that I did not worried about it. Next time I heard the wolfs I stop and told my boy to listen to the wolfs. Now and then we heard they howl. On our way walking home, we stopped att my parents hous and told my dad that just some minutes ago we heard several wolfs howling. My dad came outside to listen too.

There they was again, howling. But now they was much closer to us. As we was standing outside in the dark listening to the wolfs, we heard that they where coming colser and closer. If I should say anny distance I would say that they was 200 -300 meters away from us. I do say they,I would estimate it to be about 5-7 animales.

Imagine that you are outside a cold september night, the sky is beautiful dark with lovely stars and then you hear wolf song coming closer and closer. At last it is so close and so many that you are not sure where thay are looking at you. That feeling is quite scary but awesome!!

When I get home I thougt about the cows that are out on a summer field. They are outside all day. Then my dad phoned me and say that he heard one cow raw so we should take the car and check on the cows.

I know that one wolf is not a threat to the cows, but now they where many of them. Gripping my mobli phone and my camera, just in case I need it, we drive out to check on them. We could see that the cows was upset about all the wolfs, but there was no damage done. We could go home with a easy heart and know that everything was allrigt.

I am sorry that I do not have any sound recording of the wolf song, it was so powerful. But who thinks of that when they go to the evening work in the cow house :-)

Wich you all a good nigth.

Elisabeth

2 kommentarer:

  1. I have always heard there are wolves in this area between our countries, so I'm not surprised you heard them. I've seen paw prints of wolves in the area I grew up, but never seen those beautiful animals. Take care of your cows!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Wolves are scary!! I have red fox that live on my property but they are not near as scary as a wolf. I bet the wolves sound lovely but not when they are close. Take care.

    SvaraRadera