tisdag 7 september 2010

Mikal Svensson and Marti Michell

This weekend I was on a quilt festival. Just to make you all envious on me I will tell you about it , lol..
Here we are on a lecture with Marti Michell. She shown a lott of fantastic quilts.
When she show her quilts she also give a lott of tip.

On saturday I took a class for Mikal Svensson. What a Guy!! He realy can give you inspiaration . Here are some test that I did with jelly rolls.




And the last project became a bargello, with jelly rolls. That is handy :-) Sorry I don´t have a photo of it jet, but it will com later.



Of course a photo of us to show :-)

And here she is - Marti Michell
In her class on sunday she talk about making a kaleidoscop. She also show other quilts with the same technique. What a lady!
Here I start with my kaleidoscop, hmm...

Four blocks done, just to continue to the next block.

Now I have put some blocks and some fabrics pieces together just to get an idea of how it is going to look. Marti Michell´s comment on this - oh.. it´s hot!
Can you see the dark cirkel in the middle?
And here we are. Are we not great together! :-)
From Marti to me. This is just so sweet.

And finaly to the wonderful woman who makes Quiltköping happends,
THANK YOU GUNILLA PLESNER!!









4 kommentarer:

  1. I met Marti at the Paducah quilt show in April. She was attending her sale booth at the time and I was able to chat with her at a quite moment. She seemed very nice. Your quilt is lovely and I can see the circle in it.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hi Elisabeth, lovely to see your photo.
    Beautiful photo of you and Marti...what a great thrill it must have been for you.
    Your quilt is beautiful and going together just lovely..
    Julia ♥

    SvaraRadera
  3. I love your kaleidoscope blocks. I agree with Marti...they are hot!! And yes I can also see the circle.
    Kathy

    SvaraRadera
  4. What a great weekend for you! Your kaleidoscop quilt looks stunning, and yes, I see the circle. The jelly roll project looks great too.
    Great to "see" you! :)

    SvaraRadera